The first thing you may be feeling is overwhelming panic and fear. But remember, you do have options and support is out there for you.
You can also access advice support here https://www2.hse.ie/services/unplanned-pregnancy-support-services/my-options-freephone-line.html
The following questions may help you work out what is the best decision at this time in your life.
Think about what your relationships are like right now..
• Do you have support from family or a partner?
• Can you work things out through the tough times?
Think about your responsibilities at the moment.
• What does being a parent mean to you?
• Who can you call on to offer you support emotionally and financially?
• How will this decision affect your plans for the future?
• Where do you see yourself in 1, 2 and 5 years’ time?
Know your rights, and access support.
It’s your right to have:
• confidential care
• safe, non-judgmental care
• respect, whatever choice you make
Supports are available to help you weigh up your options and figure out what path suits you best. If you are attending school/college in Limerick and you have decided to continue with your pregnancy, you can get support from the teen parent support service https://tpsp.ie/limerick.PAGE17.html
If you are looking for services in your area, click HERE!